Voopoo Drag X Review
Today we will be looking at the newest kit from VooPoo, The Drag X Plus. Powered by either an 18650 or 21700. Using the Latest TPP Pod system of sub-ohm use. This device Follows up from the Hugely Popular Drag X Device. VooPoo have now used an industry standard 510 connector to allow the end user to screw any tank on the device which wasn’t an option with the previous Drag X.
However, the pod that is included in the box is great for 70VG/30PG liquids. The included coils (0.2 40-60W and 0.15 60-80w) Give great flavour and huge clouds, whilst lasting a typical 1-2 weeks depending on use. They are much bigger the VM series of coils and therefore are not compatible with the new TPP Pod. Below is a List of pros and cons I found after using the device since release day.
- Long lasting Coils
- Easy to fill
- Long Battery life when using 21700
- Multiple coil choices depending on desired wattage
- USB-C Connector Allows very fast charging
- 510 Connector allows for any tank to be used on the mod
- Clear easy to read Led Screen
- Replaceable 810 drip tip on the pod
- When using 18650 Battery life isn’t great as Sub-ohm Coils require allot of power.
- You cannot lock just the wattage, Only the whole device.
- It would be nice to see 80-100w coils for the ultimate cloud/flavour
Overall The Drag X Plus is a great Kit for someone looking to start with sub-ohm vaping btu doesn’t want a big two battery mod. Due to the RDA Mode an experienced vaper can also use this device to build their own coils and use their own RDA tank. VooPoo have always made great products and this continues with the latest Product.
VooPoo has been around 11 years first starting in 2010 with Research & Development of Products to help people stop smoking. They were not happy with anything they found on the market so decided they needed to create their own. It would take VooPoo a further 7 years to create the First Drag because they wanted to get it right first time. They partnered with Gene - The Fastest Firing Chip ever to hit the vape market. Fast Forward to today and they are still using the gene chip in every single vape they manufacture (Albeit Even faster and more power efficient).